Board of Religious and Academic Education
The Board of Religious and Academic Education acts as an advisory group to the school administration in matters involving school policy, goals, curriculum, budget, and tuition. In addition, the Board is the committee responsible for all educational programs at St. Augustin Catholic School. In case of problems or concerns with the school, parents are to first contact teachers, as this is the most effective method of solving a problem or clarifying a misunderstanding. If more help is needed, contact the school principal. Matters in need of further resolution may be brought to the Parish Board of Education only after the first two steps have been followed. If you wish to speak at a Board meeting, you should contact the Board President or the Principal five days before the meeting date.
Board of Education meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the St. Augustin Church Parish Library. All are welcome to attend.
2016-2017 Board of Education Members
- Mark Weinhardt - President
- Christy Sullivan - Vice President
- Dave Lorbiecki - Treasurer
- Sherri Nielsen - Secretary
- Carlos Navarro
- Melinda Grask
- Sarah Hayes
- Ted Power
- Dr. Nancy Dowdle
- Fr. Christopher Pisut
Role of Board of Education
The Board of Education's key roles in helping St. Augustin Catholic School includes:
- Establishing school policy;
- Overseeing educational programs and activities;
- Representing members of the parish and school personnel;
- Making suggestions and recommendations; and
- Encouraging parents to use due process.
Board of Education Meeting Minutes
Past Board of Education meeting minutes are posted online.