The Results Are In
Fun was had by all at the St. Augustin Pack 36 Annual Pinewood Derby. A very special thank you to all of our parent and school volunteers who dedicate their time for this event each year.
Congratulations to our winners:
- 1st place - Calvin Kent
- 2nd place - Isaac Heilman
- 3rd place - Cohen Moore
- 4th place - Liam Sullivan
A letter from St. Augustin Pack 36 Scout Program Leader, Tim Coonan:
You have much to be proud of for last night’s race. The Scouts and their race teams clearly put a lot of work into their cars, but I am more impressed with the sportsmanship they displayed towards and the respect they had for one another and the parent volunteers.
To that end, I want to formally recognize the following parents, St. Augustin Church, and School officials for their coordination:
- Mr. Sherman-Access to the school facilities and sound system
- Ms. Kelly-Powerpoint set up
- Ms. Power-Gym and cafeteria reservation
- Fr. Pisut-Access to the church where the track is stored
Now, how about the race crew:
Victoria Bettis (and the Bettis Bunch) - Unbelievably well-coordinated and executed potluck and kitchen clean up
- Jake Gaskill- Gym clean up
- Amy Cownie-Kitchen clean up
- John Gilbert-Track assembly and race management
- Dan Sullivan-Track assembly and starter
- Alan Rahe-Fleet management
- Jason Nielsen-Weigh in station and repair
- Rob Dixon-National Anthem and Scout management
- Jason Mathiasen-Race results/technology manager
- Michele Ogle-Riccelli & Victoria Bettis -Photographers
- Adrienne Krantz-Social Media
Special thanks to everyone who brought food, supplies, etc. for our meal and for those who helped clean up the gym- We were done by 8:30!
This event takes an amazing amount of parent volunteer time and we couldn’t have pulled it off without you all. I hope we can build on last night and recommit ourselves to scouting at St. Augustin.
If you are a Den Leader and need help, let me know. If you are a parent, reach out to the Den Leader and offer to help them. This is not a huge undertaking if we all pitch in.
Thanks again! Spring is right around the corner.