A.M. Transitional Kindergarten News
What are we learning about this week?
- This week, we will be reading stories related to our Letter of the Week.
- We will begin discussing the relationship between illustrations and the story in which they appear.
- Each week, we will have a "Letter of the Week." This week's "Letter of the Week" is Aa.
- The students will be introduced to one new sight word each week. I will send home flashcards each week in their red communication folders. Please continue to flip through these flashcards as more and more are added. These sight words will frequently appear throughout the week. Students will learn to read and write these sight words.
- This week's red word: on
- Red words to review this week at home: I, am, a, on
- During our handwriting time, we will practice writing our new red word. We will also practice writing "Aa" using proper letter formation. My goal is to help strengthen the students' fine motor skills with daily handwriting practice.
- This week, we will focus on practicing our number, color, and shape of the week. The students will also practice counting objects and showing numbers 1-5 using their fingers, dice, blocks, and ten frames.
- Number of the Week: 4
- Color of the Week: Green
- Shape of the Week: Triangle
Important Dates to Note:
Monday, October 5th: No School - Staff Professional Development Day